Scott T. Fisher, CFA
VP Advisory Services
For over 20 years, Scott has been a Senior Investment Consultant with a primary focus on all aspects of Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit retirement plans. He works with plan fiduciaries providing investment counsel and advice aimed at allowing them to make plan stewardship decisions with high confidence.
From finance professionals to benefits administrators to employee representatives with little or no investment experience, Scott thrives on presenting complex subject matter to fiduciaries with a broad range of financial acumen. He seeks to provide insights and guidance that can be readily understood and used to make effective plan management decisions.
Scott’s areas of focus include:
- Management of all aspects of DC plan fiduciary stewardship from the Committee process to the
implementation of plan management decisions
- Optimizing plan structure for efficient and effective achievement of the best possible participant outcomes
- Elicitation of priority goals and objectives for plan management and ensuring strategic alignment of practices to achieve them
- Design and Management of Custom Target Date Fund platforms
- Design and implementation of Defined Benefit de-risking programs
- Presentation to industry groups on the keys to successful guidance and support of plan fiduciaries
Scott has been an investment professional since 1985 and an employee benefits consultant specializing in retirement programs for over 30 years. Scott has delivered retirement education and advice throughout his career. His experience includes the full range of investment interactions, from individual education sessions on how to invest to counselling retirement and other fiduciary committees of multi-billion-dollar state university and governmental retirement systems on plan management best practices.
Scott was awarded the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter in 1994. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Bucknell University majoring in both Economics and Biology. He speaks and writes frequently on the importance of having both an enduring investment philosophy and an effective strategy for its implementation, cultivation, and long-term maintenance.
Direct Line: (206) 707-7596